1. Help students make a connection with a new a book by providing guidance and time to check out a book-virtual or physical-student choice.
2. Reflection. Ask students to reflect on the first half of the school year and share their hopes for the second half of the school year.
3. Cleaning time! Share ideas for staying organized digitally-and then provide time to organize.
5. Visit the news! Take part in the Year in Rap contest with the New York Times Learning Network.
6. Provide inspiration. TED talks deliver awesome connections to concepts and content.