Tagged by my dear friend, Shaelynn Farnsworth, who was tagged by Beth Still, who took Scott McLeod’s challenge, which asked educators to create a top 5 list of things to “Stop Pretending” (in education) I offer my response:
1. Choosing the one right answer equals understanding.
2. Using technology-no matter the learning task-is motivating.
3. Giving students options is the same as honoring student voice.
4. There is equity in learning opportunities among all of our learners.
5. Nothing happens on the first day or the last day or the day before break. Rephrased: Nothing CAN happen on the first day or the last day or the day before break.
I tag @maineschooltech @j_allen @kylepace @angelamaiers @swilkie Please generate your list of five things to “Stop Pretending” in education and tag another five people adding #makeschooldifferent If you accept my challenge, please share your post with me!