When it comes to education, we have to stop pretending…
- that semester/trimester tests are preparing students for college exams.
- that students’ homework is not complete and of poor quality because students are lazy or don’t understand the concept.
- that the best way for students to receive the information that they need before they do the bigger, more important projects is to do a lecture.
- that group work is helping students become better collaborators and communicators.
- that behavior management systems help students become self-directed, self-regulated, and self-reliant learners.
So I thought that I should provide rationale to support each of these points, but instead I decided to keep it short, sweet and to the point. Who best would know this?
Bullet #1: Ask the kids
Bullet #2: Ask the kids and their parents
Bullet #3: Ask the kids and businesses
Bullet #4: Ask the kids and businesses
Bullet #5: Ask the kids, their parents, and businesses
Please share and take the challenge that @mcleod started! When it comes to education, what are 5 things that we have to stop pretending? Post on your blog, tag 5 others, and share using the #makeschooldifferent hashtag.