Iowa 1:1 Institute 2016
All of our workshop materials for the Iowa 1:1 Institute 2016 are below… Stay in touch!
- An Upbeat Look at Technology in Music Classrooms
- April 6th, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Room 301
- Description: Music is a universal language that should be composed, created and celebrated in classrooms across the globe. During this session, we will discuss the available music tools/programs, classroom ideas, and success stories of music classroom collaborations with the help of our 21st century technology.
- Students in the Center – Engaging Them in Authentic Learning
- April 6th, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Room 310
- Description: Do you want students to demonstrate understanding of their learning in deep and interesting ways? Are you exploring PBL or personalized learning? Do you want to motivate and engage students using authentic performance tasks/assessments in your classroom? Are you looking for ways to incorporate authentic uses of literacy and technology in your classroom? Join me for an engaging, discussion-oriented session where you will look at different projects using an authenticity filter. Educators will walk away with some initial ideas for starting their own projects or redesigning an existing project. This interactive session will provide educators with a variety of resources and ideas to use with their students.
Leslie Pralle Keehn
- Kids can DIY
- April 6th, 10:15-11:15 a.m.
- Room 308
- Description: In this session we’ll explore the resources at DIY.org! We’ll participate in some hands-on activities, explore the site, see examples of classroom use, and discuss different ways that the tool might be used in the classroom. Come check out this great tool for flexible learning!
- Building Classroom Community with Voxer
- Tuesday, April 6th, 2:45-3:45 p.m.
- Room 308
- Description: In this session participants will explore the app Voxer as a means of building community and communication in the classroom. Participants will have time to play and practice, as well as share and discuss methods for classroom implementation. Examples will be provided, as well as numerous ideas for student use.