Work With Us
We LOVE to work with students, educators, and schools. We are interested in doing amazing work and helping others do the same. Here’s how we think about our service and support.
As often as possible, we believe that quality professional learning should…
- begin with the end in mind and be designed backwards to achieve meaningful, authentic outcomes
- be relevant to and aligned with the needs of participants, students, and the system as a whole
- occur in ways that model what is being advocated (e.g., no ‘sit and get’ sessions on inquiry- or problem-based learning!)
- be goal-driven
- focus on fewer things learned deeply rather than many things learned shallowly
- be active, hands-on, and discussion- and practice-oriented
- be interactive, recognizing that learner talk time is far more important than facilitator talk time
- be personalized, allowing for different learner paths and outcomes
- be timely, so that learners can see application and implementation on the near horizon
- include just-in-time supports
- live within the zone of optimal challenge for the learner
- be ongoing, not episodic, and include regular and frequent feedback loops
- be shared, interconnected, and interdependent (both internally and externally), not something that is done in isolation
- involve administrators and teacher leaders as participants and/or facilitators
- hold facilitators accountable through public transparency of evaluation and feedback
- be FUN!
This year we are trying to utilize the Influencer framework to help structure and guide our service work. Here are some resources on the framework:
Like you, we’re not keen on being velcroed onto something that doesn’t align well with our beliefs and processes. If you ask us to work with you, we’ll be looking for as many of these items as possible! If they’re not present, we’ll be less interested and/or ask to be in on the design process to get more of these items into the work.
Want us to attend a meeting?
- Please have a clear objective for our involvement. Tell us why you want us to be there and what our expected contribution will be.
- Our involvement should be relevant to what we do (not just what you do), please!
- Please recognize that we have other commitments and need to honor those too.
Thanks. We promise that we’ll do the same and honor your time and work in return.
Are you ready to go? Got questions about any of this? Get in touch!